Involvement reassuring
In response to Jeremy Oswald's letter of May 25, I would like to remind him that the police "involvement" in our public school system is vital for the protection of our students and staff. (Let's remember that last month there were death threats, and the law enforcement presence was immediate and welcomed by all, as well as the prevention of violence against the same groups.)
Keep in mind that the police keep an office open at each school with a liaison officer available for anyone needing assistance. And they are there for training with the DARE program, fingerprinting and photographing our little ones, teaching safety to all ages, warning against predators and many other programs.
I welcome their presence there all the time, and if they are there to "sneak" a peek at the goings-on before, during and after the prom, then so be it. I would rather that they head off a potential problem ahead of time than have those police officers at my door telling me my child has been lost to an accident or in jail or whatever, when the prom is over and it's too late.
I appreciate those who do so much for our kids.
Sandra Kraak
Grawn
Published in the Traverse City Record Eagle. 6/7/5
Tuesday, June 07, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment