Thank you for writing, but this would be too much after the fact.
From: "Jeremy Oswald"
To: "Sandy Langdon"
Sent: Wednesday, January 26, 2005 10:47 AM
Subject: Re: Letter to the Editor
Could you please elaborate on "too much after the fact".
From: "Sandy Langdon"
Date: January 28, 2005 8:07:43 AM CST
To: "Jeremy Oswald"
Subject: Re: Letter to the Editor
Check with Dave Miller, editorial pagae editor, at dmiller@record-eagle.com.
Thank you.
From: Jeremy Oswald
To: dmiller@record-eagle.com
Sent: Friday, January 28, 2005 10:40 AM
Subject: Fwd: Letter to the Editor
Hello,
I wrote a letter to the editor that was rejected because it was "too much after the fact". Sandy Langdon wrote that I should take it up with you.
I think that the letter speaks to the reelection of George Bush, not just his inauguration, do you mind reconsidering?
Thanks for your time,
Jeremy Oswald
On Jan 28, 2005, at 10:11 AM, Dave Miller wrote:
Jeremy
The fact that the inauguration was already over and the women had already returned home made this moot.
It was also much too long, more than 600 words; we have a 200-word limit on letters to the editor.
Lastly, I wasn't to let you use them as props for what was essentially a screed on Bush and all his policies. If you'd like to comment on Bush, feel free to do so; but portraying a half dozen women who went to the inaugural as ignorant, unfeeling and complicit is over the line.
Dave Miller
editorial page editor
From: Jeremy Oswald
To: Dave Miller
Sent: Friday, January 28, 2005 11:59 AM
Subject: Re: Letter to the Editor
It is over the Record-Eagle's line. Yes that was my intention and I understand now why you are not printing it, thank you for taking the time to explain it to me, I appreciate it.
These citizens were the ones that worked to put him in office, so shouldn't they have some responsibility for his policies?
In my opinion backing Bush and working for him is ignorant, unfeeling, and complicit and I feel that the piece told that without saying and backing it up.
You are more than likely a busy man, I know that this is your job, but I am enjoying this dialogue if you would like to continue it.
Again, thank you for your time,
Jeremy Oswald
Jeremy
Again, I'd welcome a letter, so feel free to submit. Unfortunately, I have too many fish to fry today, so no time for more.
Dave Miller
1 comment:
Easy, I'm unemployed and moving, I don't have all this time to do this.
Wait until I get to work and have nothing to do.
Post a Comment