Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Computer Concert

Okay this is the second time this has happened. I go to a “concert”, a
“show”, and the “band”, is a guy with a laptop sitting at a card table playing songs off of his computer. This is not a show, this is a guy playing music off of his computer. If I want to hear this, please e-mail it to me. What joy is there in watching a guy on his computer? I can do that in a coffee shop any were for free. The only way that this would be exciting to me is if I could see what was happening on the screen, like in a cooking show, we need the mirror to look down. What could be going on that makes us call this a show?
“What instrument do you play?”
“Power Book”.
Please.
There should be a sign in front of the place and a Surgeon Generals type warning on my ticket:
“Tonight’s music will be coming from a computer, there will a guy, who will bob his head occasionally, sitting at a card table looking at a computer screen.”
People cheered at the end of the song, and I don’t know why. For what? Putting something on the server? Forwarding an e-mail? I guess if you did play the computer you can’t really e-mail a song over as a demo because they may play it and then where does that leave you?
The only place that I think this should be allowed is in coffee shops, that would be cool, but opening up for a rock band is not. Put it on the server, I’ll download it if I want to.

No comments: