President Bush has spent much more time addressing the issue of Terri Schiavo than about what happened at the Red Lake Reservation. From what I have heard President Bush has not said a word about the violence there or at any reservation, yet this family was able to bring congress out of recess.
Nothing agianst Terri Schiavo, but shouldn't Red Lake have been a greater priority that this poor woman?
Thursday, March 31, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
The shooting couldn't have been prevented by Bush doing anything, except maybe making teenagers illegal. What I was trying to express is that the leader of our country was showing more sympathy to a woman who wasn't in a position to accept it than a community who may have benefitted from a little more attention from him. To try and weigh sympathy and attention with these two topics is kind of silly, but I tried it. Thanks for calling me on it.
What is IMO?
What I would have liked to have seen is him address the nation with a statement expressing the condolences of the country to Red Lake. I don't watch a lot of news, but Democracy Now had a story in which a member of the Red Lake community claimed that he hadn't said peep. That may have changed, I was basing it on one story.
If he didn't, don't you think that is lame? Not that it would make that much difference if he did or not.
If Bush did say something, good, I'm wrong, if not, just more evidence of how our native people are shit on.
Post a Comment