Thursday, March 10, 2005

Blog-Fight

When I was in 6th grade Chum Skira and I were the only ones in the contest to see how many book reviews we could do to win the "prize". We went back and forth, remembering what books we had read and scribbling down whatever we could to show we read the book. We weren't writing for quality, just quantity. Mr. Risk let this go on for a little while and then I think Chum and I reached a decsion that we would just tie so that he would have to give both of us a bookmark with a half dollar taped on it.
Mary and I are having a little contest now, a blog fight, but we haven't figured out the rules. Mary you just wrote me that we should have a point system for comments. Good idea, but what Chum and I fugured out is that they can't be our comments, we should do it by other peoples words, so I guess we'll have to recruit people to read out blogs. What do you think?
Mr. Risk used to carry around a old silver dollar and would tap it on a desk, I think even on your head, to get attention when things were kind of loud. It stood for 100% of our attention which he wanted, so that is where the half dollar comes in.
When I bought my house last month I took the silver cross pen that Mr. Risk had given me when i graduated from high school to sign all the stuff. I don't use that pen all that much, but I was glad to have it for this. How nice that he came to my Graduation party and gave this thing to me.
So Mary, yes let's try and get some people to read this stuff, and get some comments.
Maybe team Rohlf is the place to start.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jeremy 1